& History . . . . . . . . Louisiana Conference
John Wesley Trivia Quiz
This quiz was handed out at Annual
|1. What was John Wesley’s
2. Who was “Old Jeffery?”
3. What did Wesley’s parents call him?
4. What traumatic event in his childhood made his mother think his life had a special calling?
5. When did Wesley dedicate his life to God because he said it was impossible to be “half Christian?”
6. Who started the group nicknamed the Holy Club, or Bible Moths, or Methodists?
7. Why did Wesley go to America?
8. What was the name of the ship that brought Wesley to America?
9. Where did Wesley live during his two years in America?
10. Why did Wesley start preaching outdoors?
11. What issue caused the separation of George Whitefield and Wesley?
12. What musical instrument did John Wesley play?
13. Where did Wesley deliver a sermon when his father’s church refused to let him preach?
14. To whom did he marry and when?
15. What was Wesley’s suggested cure for baldness?
16. What was the physical appearance of this great man?
17. What was the subject of Wesley’s final letter (2/24/1791)?
18. What were Wesley’s final words?
2. the family “poltergeist”, as named by his sisters
3. Jack, or Jacky
4. he was rescued from a fire in the nick of time
6. Charles Wesley
7. He wanted to prove his own faith by evangelizing the Native Americans
8. The Simmonds
9. Savannah, Georgia
10. churches wouldn’t give him the pulpit, so he followed Whitefield’s example of preaching outdoors
11. predestination vs. free-will
13. outside, standing upon his father’s tomb
14. widow Mary Vazeille, 1751
15. rub with an onion twice a day till red, then rub with honey
16. almost 5’6”, 120-130 pounds, long hair
17. his opposition to slavery